ISLS Annual Meeting 2021 (Online Event)
Reflecting the Past and Embracing the Future
Bochum, Germany, June 7-11
Welcome to the ISLS 2021 Online Event
Online Event Platform Whova:
As an ISLS 2021 attendee, you will interact with your fellow researchers before, during and after the event. We will use the online event platform Whova in order to create this new experience – an online event – keeping as much of what you love about conferences: interaction with your peers, meeting new people with common interests, having lively discussions and generating new ideas for your research. Zoom will be used to livestream all sessions of the conference. Each session will have an individual link and these will be listed in Whova, you can even watch the presentations in Whova itself.
Whova will allow attendees to access the program and interact with the speakers and organizers:
- View the conference Agenda and plan your schedule
- Visit the Virtual Poster Exhibits even before the conference begins
- Access Livestreams* and Videos directly within sessions and use the session Q&A
- Set up Virtual Meet-Ups with your fellow attendees to connect remotely
- Create and converse through various discussion topics in the Community Board
*Closed Captioning will be turned on for all paper sessions and can be turned off by attendees if they wish.
We very much welcome you to become familiar with the conference format:
- Paper sessions: Paper sessions are organized as multi-track sessions and include full and short paper presentations, symposia as well as interactive tools & demo sessions. At ISLS 2021, full and short paper presentations will be organized in thematic CSCL, LS and mixed paper sessions. All paper sessions will be recorded and made available (with closed captioning) for conference attendees up until three months after the event.
- Poster sessions: Even before the conference, we invite you to check out the Virtual Poster Exhibits in our poster sessions. Poster exhibits include research highlights, short videos and drop in live stream sessions to ask questions and discuss ideas.
- Social events: Please join us for networking ISLS 2021 reception, participate in a treasure hunt during ISLS 2021 Lounge, dance at our ISLS 2021 Social Event, interact with students at our Student Crossover Research Party. During Meet & Chill, you will have time to eat, participate in cooking events or join one of our meditation sessions. Please wait for more information under “Online Event” to find out more interesting information about the online event platform Whova and learn how to experience this online event to its fullest!
ISLS 2021 will be accessible already in Mid-May through our online event platform Whova:
- May 1: Poster Presenters setup their Virtual Poster Exhibits in Whova
- May 10: All Attendees receive an email to sign up & setup their profiles in Whova
- May 17: Orientation and Rehearsal Sessions in Whova start
- June 1-7: Preconference Workshops & Mentoring Workshops take place outside of Whova
- June 8: First day of the main conference