Reflecting the Past and Embracing the Future
Bochum, Germany, June 8-11
Workshops: June 1-7
All payments are made via PayPal or Stripe (both accept all major credit cards). We do not accept any payments through cash and bank drafts. Fees below are displayed in Euros. Payment during registration will be made in US Dollars. Early Bird Registration has been extended to April 30 @11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8).
NOTE: ISLS has made additional funds available to support individuals facing financial hardship to enable equitable access to our ISLS Annual Meeting 2021. More information can be found under Equitable Access Support
In order to attend the conference you must be a current International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) member. If you weren’t a member in 2020 you will have to create a new account. ISLS recently switched over to a new system (November 2020), so if members haven’t logged in on the new ISLS website they will have to reset their password in order to access the site.
|Early Bird Rate|
(Ends Apr. 30)
(Apr. 30 Onwards)
|ISLS Members *||250€||350€|
|ISLS Student Members * **||100€||150€|
* Does not include membership
** Students – your discount will be automatically applied at checkout
Your registration fee for the conference includes:
- Participation in main conference sessions (four days of sessions beginning June 8 with the opening reception including keynotes, live streaming paper sessions & symposia, live poster sessions, interactive demos)
- Eligibility to sign up for Pre-Conference Workshops ($0 fee) – first come, first served. More information coming soon
- Access to the online conference with the event app Whova, a few weeks prior the conference
- Conference information pack (includes access to electronic proceedings and program)
- Expanded online networking opportunities including speed-dating events, and meet-ups with experts in the field
- Various awards including ISLS Best Paper Award 2021, ISLS Naomi Miyake Award (Best Student Paper) 2021, ISLS Best Design Paper Award 2021
- Social events including yoga & meditation, games, interactive cooking & dance
Participation in the Pre-Conference Workshops & Tutorials requires you to have registered for the ISLS Annual Meeting 2021. There will be no extra fee for attending these workshops. Workshops will take place online during June 1-7 to accommodate for time zone differences. We will inform you when workshop sign up opens up. Note that participant spaces at Pre-Conference Workshops will be filled on a first come first served basis.
Successful applicants to the Doctoral Consortium, Early- and Mid-Career Workshops receive a Conference and Workshop fee waiver. Please have your coupon ready.
Accepted long, short & symposia papers and posters will be published in two separate proceedings for the LS and CSCL programs, respectively. A third publication will contain supplementary material, including Keynote abstracts, descriptions of accepted Pre-Conference Workshops & Tutorials, Interactive Tools & Demos as well as accepted Doctoral Consortium, Early- and Mid-Career applications. All proceedings will be made available in the ISLS repository: https://repository.isls.org
Please note that for each contribution to be included in the proceedings one of the authors must pay the membership & registration fee for the conference by the camera-ready deadline.